Yes! You read this correctly! The MML has been selected as a league to have representation in the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2018, which is amazing news! The actual number of entrants that the MML will be able to put forward to represent us, at this prestigious event, has not yet been announced but we are making arrangements to select coaches to represent us! The MML is therefore officially able to announce a new MML Blood Bowl 2 2018 World Cup qualifying competition with the following rules:
- Any coach who is a member of the MML community is eligible (click here to JOIN), as long as they also meet the following criteria:
- Participants must be aged 18 years, or older.
- Should a participant be legally classed as a minor, whilst also being aged 18 years or older, in their local jurisdiction, then authorisation for participation must be provided by their parent. (Should you fall into this category, please seek further details from an MML Board Member.)
- The age criteria is due to the rules of the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2018.
- Any coach wishing to enter the tournament must submit, to the MML website, a short introduction story which covers their teams background and motivation to be included in this event. (This is very much in keeping with the ethos of the MML.)
- Coaches can enter the tournament, even if they do not wish to be an MML representative in the Blood Bowl 2 World cup. Any coach who does wish to represent the MML should, however, be aware that if they are selected that they will be required to play any Blood Bowl 2 World Cup matches on a pc or mac. (Steam codes can be provided, if required.)
- The Qualifying tournament will be a Weissen format.
- The tournament will also be a regeneration style tournament.
- All teams will be custom teams subject to the following additional rules:
- Coaches may elect to add up to 3 ‘normal rolled’ skill upgrades to any of their players. (All three could be placed on a single player or across multiple players.)
- Coaches may elect to add one ‘double rolled’ skill upgrade to any of their players. (This could be in addition to any combination of the ‘normal rolled’ skills.)
- With all skills added the team must then not exceed 1200 tv.
- A team may enhance their stadium or buy stadium upgrades but in so doing, must deduct the cost of this from their tv. (A team with a level 2 stadium and an enhancement must therefore not have a tv in excess of 1000.)
- During play there will be no restriction on inducements. Any allowed within the game may be selected.
- The tournament will run for 8 weeks, commencing on the 2nd of April 2018.
- All games will be played on a weekly basis, the ‘rollover’ of this Qualifying tournament will be in line with the league. (The schedule will be advanced on each Monday morning. (UK time.))
The MML reserves the right to force a result in certain circumstances:
- If a game fails to take place because one team no-shows the match and the coach cannot be contacted to reschedule:
- No-show will lose to show.
- If neither team shows, and neither team can be contacted to reschedule or if both teams agree to have the League manage the entire match because they cannot play the game in the allotted time:
- The match is managed as a Draw.
- Failure to play two matches will result in a team being replaced.
- The coach of any team that plays all games they are eligible to play within a competition will be awarded 50 Bonus tv for the next season of the MML, following the competition.
- Should a coach need to be replaced a new coach will be drafted by the league. They will not be eligible to ‘inherit’ the former coaches record, but will remain eligible for the bonus tv award from the league. (This will make it very unlikely they will be eligible to be selected to represent the MML, as per the winning criteria below.)
Winning Criteria and Selection to Represent the MML at the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2018
- At the conclusion of the competition, tickets for the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2018 will be awarded strictly based on where a coach appears in the tournament leaderboard. The first ticket will be awarded to the coach who is at the top of the table. The second ticket to the coach who appears second etc. (Assuming the MML receives multiple tickets.) If an eligible coach does not want to or is not able to accept their ticket then the ticket will be awarded to the coach who appears next on the leaderboard.
- Registration is now open. This will run until March 31st 2018.
- Teams should request a ticket from the ‘holding’ competition, prior to the commencement of the tournament. (Entitled the ‘MML World Cup Holding’ Competition.) This competition can be found within the main MML League on the PS4. – This is so that registrations can be processed and teams can be checked for compliance with the rules.
- Teams will then need to be available to be transferred from the holding competition to the main qualifying competition on the 31st of March or 1st April 2018, (For a 2nd April 2018 commencement of the competition.)